- $3.99 ebook from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, iBooks, and Google Play
- $14.99 paperback from Amazon
- $24.99 hardcover from DriveThruFiction
A Kung-Fu Steampunk Thriller
James Wainwright never thought of himself a father, he’s grown to love and cherish Xin Yan, the girl he rescued all those years ago. When she’s taken from him, first by the courts, then by Triad kidnappers, the engineer will stop at nothing to get her back.
He’ll go from Chinatown to Hong Kong to Beijing, fearlessly contending with gangsters, rogue inventors, monks, and heads of state, letting none deter him.
It’ll take more than stubbornness and the brute tactics of a berserker to succeed in the Republic of China, though – James will first have to master himself.
And if he fails, he risks losing his daughter, the last tenuous strand connecting him to his humanity, the only bulwark he has against the madness to which inventors of his ilk all too often succumb.
The fifth Galvanic Century book features Kung-Fu, Taoist alchemy, Triad warfare, the Artificer Queen of Kowloon, and is a strong starting point for those new to the series. If you’d prefer to read the earlier books first, books 1-4 are available collected in the Steampunk Omnibus.
Latest posts by Michael Coorlim (see all)
- Onward to 2019 - December 10, 2018
- Writing in a Shadow Decade - October 31, 2018
- The LARPening: A Tabletop Game About Live Action Roleplaying - September 17, 2018