The next Galvanic Century novel, Iron Horses Can’t be Broken, is in revisions now. Time to start thinking about the cover.
In the past I’ve funded production of my covers myself, commissioning freelance art when I could afford it, paying for stock art and composition when I couldn’t. I’ve generally been pleased with the results.
This time around I’d like to raise the money through kickstarter, using pre-sales to fund the book’s production costs.
Well… we hit our target goal between posting the kickstarter and writing this blog post. I was only asking for $60 – enough for a stock art comp cover. Our next goal is $250, where I’ll be able to afford to commission original art.
If you’re interested, there are some great rewards being offered:
- $3 gets you a copy of the ebook (it’ll be $4 after release)
- $10 gets you a paperback ($12-14 after release)
- $15 gets you all the ebooks in the series
- $25 gets a signed paperback
- $65 gets you all six paperbacks
- $100 gets you six signed paperbacks.
Plus if we hit $250, everyone at the $25 tier and up will get a copy of the audio drama we’re producing.