The kickstarter for the next Galvanic Century novel, Iron Horses Can’t Be Broken, wrapped up to an astounding 1100% of goal.
Astounding! Almost double what I’d even imagined we’d reach. The keys to my success:
- I was funding one specific part of production, not the entire book’s creation. It’d been written and mostly revised, so the kickstarter was just for the cover.
- This allowed me to set a very low initial goal, covering the cost of stock art and layout.
- The rewards I offered were of good value for their prices, but didn’t cost me very much to fulfill. Most popular was the $15 rewards – all six books in the series. Fulfillment costs me nothing, and hopefully snags me some new readers for the next title.
So I’ve got enough to commission professional cover art for the next two books. I’d say, overall, this was a success.
Iron Horses Can’t Be Broken is scheduled for a September release, and the followup Steam and Samsara is going to be released in late Fall or early Winter. Sign up for the mailing list if you want notification when they’re released.
Latest posts by Michael Coorlim (see all)
- Rebelling in NaNoWriMo – Two Projects, Zero Novels - November 3, 2019
- Hero Historia: Jericho Rising 6 - October 24, 2019
- Hero Historia: Jericho Rising 5 - October 23, 2019